Monday 3 February 2014

M.E. - A wasted day: What about my daily tasks?!

Good evening...

I type this as I'm listening to the end of the Manchester City v Chelsea game on the radio!

So, as the title says... A wasted day! Sound familiar?!

I got off to a decent start, by that I mean I was out of bed before 10am with my breakfast...

The time I tend to need a lie down most is shortly after my breakfast so that's what happened...

I woke up at around 2.30pm and had my lunch at 3pm - 2 hours later than I had planned!

After then, another quick lie down followed by a bit of Prime Suspect!

I have a mild form as Asperger Syndrome meaning I am not content unless I have my daily tasks done... all when added up are doable with lots of pacing but realistically too much for someone with M.E. to do.

I like to have my meals at roughly the same time each day. I eat 5 times a day (trying to bulk up a bit after losing some weight). 1st meal starting at 10am and last meal at 11pm.

Before 2 of these lesser meals, I like to have my workout spread out into 2 parts though my body isn't always up to this.

I like to do my vocal/breathing workout, a little bit of piano and oh, I have some Theology coursework to do (this rarely gets done if I'm honest).

I'm obviously being too hard on myself but there are many emotions involved here.

Contentment when my tasks aren't done. I have many things in life I want to achieve, if I sit around all day then how am I going to progress?!

Depression - Ok, I use this term lightly here... A better phrase would be "fed up". This occurs when my tasks aren't done!

Obsession - well I can't help this, it's one of Autism's finest traits... At least I'm obsessing over the right things! Or am I?

In my situation, out the top of my head these 3 emotions are probably the most important regarding my daily tasks. If you look at the 3, they all contradict each other to an extent?

Maybe I'm fighting a losing battle but at least I'm fighting... with caution!

Most importantly I listen to my body, only my body can tell me how each day is going to pan out.

Hope you've all had a lovely day x

No comments:

Post a Comment